I am 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I have had a pretty great pregnancy... I think I have had every pregnancy symptom (nausea, nosebleeds, constipation, back ache etc) but in its mildest form so despite it all, I have to say I have been comfortable throughout. I did catch a couple of colds that felt unbearable at the time, but I got over it and have been happy feeling my baby girl bopping around inside me.
I did go through this weird hormonal phase where I really hated my body. I was wanting to be sexy pregnant, you know... hot body with a cute bump. Instead I got all earth mama pregnant- giant boobs, child bearing hips and meaty, motherly arms and thighs. I would sadly look in the mirror at my traumatized torso, a mess of stretch marks and blue veins and wonder about the days I thought I was fat. Once I started feeling her move inside of me though, I got over it. I am actually disappointed that more people aren't putting their hands on my belly, I mean, everyone should find my body fascinating, I am cooking a human being in there!
So here I am now, waiting for this baby to be born. Ever since I hit 37 weeks, I wake and think, "THIS is the day"! Today I woke up, and am hoping like hell this is the day, I am dying to meet this baby. I welcome every little twinge of imagined pain I feel with excitement, hoping it is the start of my labour. I am having some pooh pain right now, which is unlike me for this time of day! Hopefully, my next blog entry will be my birth story. I warn you, I am not leaving anything out, so it might be disgusting!
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment